Analytical R&D Experience and Competencies
In order to support the varied and complex R&D projects undertaken by HRI, a comprehensive suite of analytical apparatus is maintained including:
- optical (transmitted, reflected, confocal) and electron microscopy (SEM & TEM)
- EDX and XRD detectors
- Raman, FTIR, TGA analysers
- EPR & NMR spectrometry
- mass spectrometry
- complete materials testing both for electrical/magnetic and structural characteristics
- CIP, HIP, high temp furnaces, mixers and sieves for powder processing, melt spinner
- high-speed digital videography, optical shock visualization (eg Shlieren/Toepler)
- complete electronic, RF and pulsed power calibration, analytical and recording instrumentation.
- pulsed and CW antennae tested in our large double electrically isolated RF anechoic chamber.
In addition, the HRI laboratory has several large high-vacuum chambers for plasma and thruster testing. Large optical tables are used for quantum optics experiments. A complete neuron growth and maintenance lab supplies neurons for anomalous communications experiments. In addition, HCS maintains a specialized materials science division including chemistry laboratory as well as a complete machine shop.
If you would like to learn more about our Analytical R&D facility, please click to call at: 905-795-9382 or through our contact page.